Joel Holmes – Expansion
ARTISTS : Joel Holmes Expansion: Joel Holmes- keyboard, Mariam Sawires vocals, Jen Dale vocals, Stimulus-MC, Kuba Gudz -drums, Martin Buhl- bass, Daniel El Congo Allen trumpet, Regis Molina-sax.
- C Boogie – Funky Riff Song fused with Neo Soul. Original Composition and Has become the Theme to the Urban Base Sessions worldwide.
- Ode – Neo Soul, fused with Jazz with a hint of Go Go flavors from Washington DC. It Features the Machete Horns giving it a classic but unique sound.
- Funky Train is an upbeat Riff Based song with the fuse of Jazz, R&B classic Soul featuring the Machete Horns.
- Remember Me- Beautiful medium slow Neo Soul/ Hip hop Urban Groove featuring Mariam Sawires.
- Spartacus (Love Theme)– This is a unique fresh take on what has become a classic among Jazz Pianists such as Ahmad Jamal, Bill Evans, Herbie Hancock and Keith Jarrett. Joel Holmes brings his Go Go rhythms and hip hop/ neo-soul flavors in his unique rendition of Alex North’s Spartacus Love Theme which comes from the movie Spartacus.
- 6.The 1st Dimension Interlude– This interlude is a classic example of Joel Holmes’s ability to play with song forms and loops. Here you also hear a wider range of colors from Piano to Synthesizer. The trio expands the grooves with a fresh take on collective improvisation.
- Moontrane– This composition was written by the Great Trumpet player and Composer Woody Shaw. This may be the first time one has attempted to take this song into the Neo Soul/hip hop direction. This is the one song which features a keyboard solo by Joel Holmes. The trio goes from Jazz to Hip hop Grooves and loops.
- Future feat Stimulus– The future is here. This wonderful track features MC Stimulus and vocalist Jen Dale. The roots of this band started here and now has expanded into the modern sounds of today including familiar rhythms of Trap, Electronics, Hip hop generation rhythms and Jazz.